Brian and I love weekend trips! We have generally been planning 3-5 day trips the past couple years to try to maximize vacation days. Here are some of my favorite trips that we have taken so far! These were all extra special because outside of Charleston we were both experiencing the cities for the first time together. Love making fun memories in new places!
- Charleston – I am a little obsessed with Charleston after going for the first time. It is such a cute city and the food scene is incredible! Plus the beach is so close! We came in town for wedding and stayed a few extra days to explore. The houses are historic and beautiful. We stayed downtown and could walk to so much nearby. Other places we wanted to go were a quick 7 minute uber ride. We had some of the best seafood we have ever eaten on this trip. Also, I love rooftop bars and Charleston has a good amount of them.
- Tampa/St. Pete Beach – It is always fun to getaway to somewhere with a beach. The St. Pete Beach area is beautiful! We stayed at an airbnb a few blocks from the beach but if we went back we would probably stay at a hotel that is right on the beach. We went to Gecko fest, hung out on the beach and went to restaurants all weekend long. It was relaxing and fun! The weather was perfect and the beach was gorgeous!
- Denver – We took a trip to Denver last November (2017) when we were still long distance. Luckily Brian’s flight out of Asheville connected through Nashville so we got to travel together. We stayed at a hotel downtown that was walking distance to a lot of restaurants and shops. Our first day we took a bus to Boulder to explore around there and it was so cute! We also hit up the Museum of Natural Science to see the dinosaurs and a planetarium show. This was a really quick trip but if I went back I would want to spend more time in the mountains rather than the city.
- Knoxville – This was a quick little road trip from Nashville. We stayed at the Tennessean hotel which was awesome! This trip was only one night so was shorter than our other vacations. On the way into the city we stopped to see Christmas in the Cave at Cherokee Caverns. Finding out about this event was what sparked the idea for a Knoxville trip. We wore our light up Christmas sweaters to walk around that cave that was lit up for Christmas! When we got to Knoxville, we restaurant hopped around the downtown area. A few of the spots we hit were Oliver Royale, Maple Hall and Jig and Reel. Jig and Reel is a Scottish pub so we did a whiskey flight there! It was a great little getaway to have to time out of Nashville while staying close to home.
- Boston – Boston is such a great city! The houses are super cute and the city is very walkable in most parts. We had great food and also went on a rosé boat ride which very very fun. We got to see many parts of the city from the water and go out into the harbor. It feels like a smaller cleaner version of New York. The area by the water is gorgeous and there are little parks all around the city. We stayed at the Boston Park Plaza which is one of the top hotels in the city. Brian met the executive team for the hotel group that runs the Plaza a couple days before we left and they hooked us up with perks and upgrades! We had snacks and drinks waiting in our corner view room. It was a great place to stay because we could walk to so many restaurants and attractions easily. We also hit up a Red Sox game at Fenway Park which was a bucket list item for Brian! Definitely recommend Boston for a fun weekend. We went in June so the weather was incredible.
These have been my favorite so far!
Future trip plans include wine country in California, something international probably in the Caribbean, Chattanooga, Alaska, Houston and Chicago! Where else should we go?